Located in the center of Copenhagen, we are currently 21 individuals working on our next title. You will become part of a team with a very flat leadership structure in a creative and highly ambitious environment. Candidates must live nearby or be willing to relocate. Please upload an updated resume and cover letter at http://www.limbogame.org/apply
Unless you apply for a specific position we sadly can’t guarantee a response.
As a graphic designer at Playdead you will join a group of talented people in a production environment where independence, productivity, and initiative are highly valued.
We want your expertise in visual communication, design, and usability to our team, working on a wide range of tasks including everything from designing our visual identity, presentations, web designs, press releases, and print to creating in-game assets, user interfaces, menus, and storefronts.
We are a relatively small team of independent members in a very flat management structure and our design process consists of iteration and a sensible approach to thinking about deadlines. We experiment, collaborate, and focus on the things that work with the goal of delivering new, immersive experiences and we hire people who can help us achieve this. When you are hired we expect you to define your own work and pursue your own personal goals in collaboration with the team.
- At least two years of professional experience
- Bachelors or Masters in design (or relevant)
- A portfolio available online
- Experience with UI/UX design in games and software
- Confidence in design tools like Photoshop, InDesign, Flash/Html5
Playdead is an independent game studio with 21 people, located on Pilestræde 43 in the centre of Copenhagen in Denmark. Our debut title LIMBO was released in July 2010. We are currently working on smaller projects and our next unannounced title.
We have already released a game on X360, PS3, Windows and OSX, and are continuously investigating other possible platforms. Your job is primarily porting to new platforms and secondarily maintaining current platforms. Our engine is written in C++, with an architecture made for multiple platforms.
Our interest in platforms and technologies include Android, iOS, NACL, Win8, Ouya, WiiU and Next-next-gen consoles.
We are expecting the following from you:
- You are confident you can port a game to one or more of above mentioned platforms.
- You have previous experience with a code base made for multiple platforms.
- You have previous experience with graphics programming and performance optimization.
- You are able to work both independently and in a team.
- You love doing platform code and work with large APIs.
It’s important for us that you work from our office in the center of Copenhagen so you become an integrated part of the team and for better day to day communication.
- Work with team to set and realize visual targets
- Art creation pipeline and toolchain
- Asset technical specifications and maintenance
- Scene profiling and optimization
- Material-creation and visual effects
- At least one shipped console title and a minimum of five years in games
- Advanced knowledge and experience in modeling, surfacing, texture creation, shaders, lighting, rendering, effects, scene profiling, and optimization practices
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills; ability to understand team and project needs and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Knowledge of Danish or the willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Unity and Maya
- High proficiency in scripting languages such as MEL and Python
- Experience with shader authoring and maintenance
- Animation and character setup experience
We are looking for talented gameplay designers to work on the ambitious follow-up project to Limbo.
As a gameplay designer at Playdead, your main responsibility is to design and build challenging levels as well as prototype new intriguing game mechanics. Our approach to level design is artistic, iterative, and based on rapid prototyping in favor of design manuals. You will be expected to prototype your own ideas, and should therefore be experienced in using game editors and visual scripting languages.
- Making it fun!
- Design and build challenging levels.
- Prototype new game mechanics.
- Design and prototype AI behaviors.
- Work with tools for setting up camera, animation, etc.
- Several years of experience with professional game development.
- Experience in working with game editors, scripting and/or visual programming.
- Experience with shipping projects a plus.
- Experience with Unity and 3D graphics a plus.